Founded in 1727, the Salem County NJ Clerk is responsible for Real Estate Recording Services,
The County Clerk in the State of New Jersey is a county-wide elected Constitutional Officer. The County Clerk is responsible for the administration of a broad range of services including the filing and recording of all documents affecting real estate ownership and transfer, the processing of US Passport applications, assisting individuals who wish to become a Notary Public, issuance of County ID Cards, filing of Business Trade Names, and the supervision of elections.
The Salem County Clerk also maintains the archival and historic documents of Salem County, including newspapers dating back to the 1800’s. In addition, the County Clerk provides a speaker program to organizations and schools. The County Clerk’s Office is a major source of funding for the County of Salem’s budget. In the past five years, the County Clerks’ Office has added nearly three million dollars in revenue to the county and also has given the State of NJ nearly six million for the state budget.
Please note that the County Clerk is not in charge of Court Records. Please contact the appropriate state office for information related to the Courts. Please note these records are not held by County Clerk. Birth records are kept in the Vital Statistics office of the municipality where born. Marriage Certificates are in the municipality where the marriage was held.
Salem County Clerk’s Office
110 Fifth St., Suite 200
Salem, NJ 08079
Main #: 856.935.7510
News & Announcements
- Horse & Plow Newsletter - Check out our latest edition of Horse & Plow newsletter, released quarterly with archived editions also available.
- US NAVY’s 240th Birthday Celebration - On Tuesday 13 October 2015, the UNITED STATES NAVY will celebrate its 240th birthday!
- 2ND Annual Salem County VETERANS PICNIC - This picnic is completely FREE and open to veterans and their families, though we do request an RSVP.
- Annual Veteran’s Day Ceremony - ALL VETERANS WELCOME! Ceremony to be held on Veteran’s Day, November 11, 2015, in the Old Salem County Courthouse.
- Churches of Salem County - We have released the 2015 edition of the "Churches of Salem County New Jersey", with 120 pages in PDF format.
- 2014 Faces of War - The Salem County Clerk is proud to present the 2014 edition of "Faces of War", honoring Salem County's veterans.
- Filing for Publicly Elected Positions 2015 - To file for a position on Township Committee, Borough Council, City Council, Mayor of a Borough or City. Download all forms too.
- Carneys Point Special Run off Special Election Official Results - View the official results for the run-off election between Charles C. Newton and Joseph F. Racite for Carneys Point Township.
- History of Churches in Salem County - Salem County Clerk Gilda Gill announces a forthcoming publication of the History of Churches in Salem County and requests information from local congregations.
- Salem County veterans share memories of their service in the Korean War - Veterans reminisce at the Salem County Clerk's Korean War Veterans Remembrance Day Luncheon.