County Photo Identification Cards are available to all county residents age 17 and older. Included on this card are your photo, name, address, date of birth, height, weight, eye and hair color, and signature.
Trade Name Registration
We record your trade name and keep it on record in our Record Room. To register your trade name follow these guidelines:
- Click here to download a Trade Name Registration Guide
- Register Trade Name with County Clerk:
– Present a valid form of identification.
– Validate that the trade name you are registering is not already registered in the county (available in our Records Room).
- Get Tax ID# from IRS.gov.
- Visit the New Jersey Business Registration website for further information.
The Salem County Clerk’s Office provides Notary Public services.
- Notary Public Name and/or Address Change Form (pdf). You may also update your name or address online at https://www.njportal.com/DOR/Notary.
- Notarization services are available for a $5 cash fee
– Documents MUST be signed in front of the Notary Public
– Present a Photo ID with your signature
- County Clerk Certificates are available for a $5 fee per certificate – PLEASE NOTE – Certificates are only for a Notary Public registered in SALEM COUNTY
– Original Document that was Notarized by the Notary Public
– Name of the Notary Public
Interested in becoming a Notary?
Begin by visiting https://www.njportal.com/DOR/Notary. There you will see a link for new applications. Once you receive your certificate, we file it in our office and administer the Notary Public Oath.
To access further information, renew or update a notary certification, check the status of an application or find a notary, please visit: New Jersey Department of Treasury Notary Public website: https://www.njportal.com/DOR/Notary
Notary Public Administration of Oath
Performed by the County Clerk. Required prior to being sworn in:
- Photo ID with your signature
- Cash or Check payable to Salem County Clerk’s Office for $15.00
PLEASE NOTE: The date listed on your forms is when received from the State
- County Clerk Oath Qualification Certificate Form and Commission Certificate (within 3 months)
- Notary Public Commission Certificate (within 90 days)
Other links that may be of interest: