County Photo Identification Cards are available to all county residents age 17 and older. Included on this card are your photo, name, address, date of birth, height, weight, eye and hair color, and signature.
Trade Name Registration
We record your trade name and keep it on record in our Record Room. To register your trade name follow these guidelines:
- Click here to download a Trade Name Registration Guide
- Register Trade Name with County Clerk:
- You must present a vaild form of identification.
- You must also validate that the trade name you are registering is not already registered in the county. These records are available in our Record Room.
- Get Tax ID# from IRS.gov.
- Get New Jersey Business Registration Package.
The Salem County Clerk’s Office provides Notary Public services.
- Notary Public Administration of Oath by the County Clerk:
1. Photo ID with your signature
2. Cash or Check payable to Salem County Clerk’s Office for $15.00
3. PLEASE NOTE: The Date listed on your forms received from the State
*County Clerk Oath Qualification Certificate Form and Commission Certificate (within 3 months)
*Notary Public Commission Certificate (within 90 days)
- Notarization services are available for a $5 cash fee
1. Documents MUST be signed in front of the Notary Public
2. Present a Photo ID with your signature
- County Clerk Certificates are available for a $5 fee per certificate – PLEASE NOTE – Certificates are only for a Notary Public registered in SALEM COUNTY
1. Original Document that was Notarized by the Notary Public
2. Name of the Notary Public
For individuals interested in becoming a Notary:
Begin by Accessing the following link to the state site: Online Notary Application – New and Renewal. Once you receive your certificate, we file it in our office and administer the Notary Public Oath. Click here to download the New Jersey Notary Public Manual.
Here is the link for State of New Jersey Department of Treasury Notary Public website: http://www.nj.gov/treasury/revenue/dcr/programs/notary.shtml
Below are the links available once you go to the site: