The Salem County Clerk’s Office provides passport services.
In addition to your application, you will need proof of U.S. Citizenship and Identification as well as a passport photo.
Please see requirements below.
Requirements for a Passport Book & Card
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CAN BE OBTAINED AT www.travel.state.gov
***PRINT LEGIBLY USING BLACK INK ONLY***
DO NOT SCRIBBLE ON FORM – ONE LINE THRU MISTAKE (EXAMPLE)
1. Birth Certificates with raised seal, certified copy or Naturalization Papers.
• Birth Certificates must state both parents’ names.
• If name has been changed as a result of marriage and/or divorce you will need original marriage/divorce documents.
2. A passport photograph (white background – NO school pictures) to send with our application. COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE OFFERS PASSPORT PHOTO SERVICE for a $10.00 additional fee.
BIRTH CERTIFICATES AND NATURALIZATION PAPERS WILL BE SENT WITH YOUR PASSPORT APPLICATION TO THE PASSPORT AGENCY & WILL BE RETURNED IN APPROXIMATELY 6 WEEKS SEPARATELY FROM YOUR PASSPORT
3. Passport Fees – Two (2) Checks or Money Orders Payable to:
FIRST Check – U. S. Department of State for:
Books – Adult Book $110.00 for 10 Years OR Minors 15 and younger $80.00 for 5 Years
Cards – Adult Card $30.00 for 10 Years OR Minors 15 and younger $15.00 for 5 Years
SECOND Check – Salem County Clerk for $35.00 or $45.00 if we take the photo
EXPEDITE FEES ARE $60.00 PER PERSON
RETURN OVERNIGHT DELIVERY IS $15.89
– Paid per application for a passport book from the Department of State to customer.
(Not valid for passport cards!)
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
2 TO 3 WEEKS PROCESSING TIME
4. Driver’s License required as identification for the signing Applicant or:
• Minors under age 16 – BOTH Parents/Guardians must Appear, Sign and have ID
• Age 16-17 – ONE parent may sign unless minor has their own identification
All persons applying for a passport MUST appear in person in our office
and MUST sign in the presence of Clerk’s personnel.
5. If applicant presents out-of-state primary identification s/he must present additional primary, secondary, or supplemental ID document.
• State Issued ID
• Work ID
• School or College ID
• Expired Driver’s License
• Social Security Card
• Health card
• Voter Registration Card
6. Refer to back of passport application for more specific information or travel.state.gov