The Salem County Clerk’s Office provides passport services.
In addition to your application, you will need proof of U.S. Citizenship and Identification as well as a passport photo.
Please see the full list of requirements below.
Requirements for a Passport Book & Card
Additional information may be obtained at – www.travel.state.gov
- PRINT LEGIBLY USING BLACK INK ONLY
- DO NOT SCRIBBLE ON FORM. If you make a mistake, strike thru with ONE line. Do this for each mistake. For example:
mistake with a line through it
1. Birth Certificates with raised seal, certified copy or Naturalization Papers.
- Birth Certificates MUST STATE BOTH PARENT’S NAMES.
- If name has been changed as a result of marriage and/or divorce you will need original marriage/divorce documents.
2. A passport photograph (white background – NO school pictures) to send with your application must be provided by the Applicant.
BIRTH CERTIFICATES OR NATURALIZATION PAPERS WILL BE SENT WITH YOUR PASSPORT APPLICATION TO THE PASSPORT AGENCY & WILL BE RETURNED IN APPROXIMATELY 6 WEEKS SEPARATELY FROM YOUR PASSPORT
3. Passport Fees
Check or Money Order – Payable to U.S. Department of State for:
vi. Adult Book $110.00 for 10 Years
ii. Minors 15 and younger $80.00 for 5 Years
i. Adult Card $30.00 for 10 Years
ii. Minors 15 and younger $15.00 for 5 Years
Check, Money Order, or Cash – Payable to Salem County Clerk
$35.00 Application Fee; An Additional $10.00 is needed if we take (2) two photos.
Routine: 10 to 12 weeks, door-to-door, from date of application.
Expedited: 4 to 6 weeks, door-to-door, from date of application.
Expedited service costs an additional $60 and should be included with the passport fees at the time of application
RETURN OVERNIGHT DELIVERY IS $17.13
4. Driver’s License required as identification for the signing Applicant or:
- Minors under age 16 – BOTH Parents/Guardians must Appear, Sign and have ID
- Age 16-17 – ONE parent may sign unless minor has their own identification
All persons applying for a passport MUST appear in person in our office
and MUST sign in the presence of Clerk’s personnel.
5. If applicant presents out-of-state primary identification s/he must present additional primary, secondary, or supplemental ID document.
- State Issued ID
- Work ID
- School or College ID
- Expired Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Health card
- Voter Registration Card
6. Refer to back of passport application for more specific information or travel.state.gov